Over the Labor Day Weekend, we decided to visit Thomas Jefferson and James Madison's homes, Monticello and Montpelier. It was wonderful to experience the incredible history of the our Founding Fathers.Thomas Jefferson's grave site, it is still used to this day by the descendants of Jefferson.
Part of the Monticello garden, Ian requested that I take a picture of squash, but we did tell him that he will never have that for a meal at our house.
Monticello Vineyards, Thomas Jefferson was a huge fan of wine especially French.
The view from the gardens.
Love this picture! I couldn't believe I caught Ian in the air.
I thought my camera speed would be too slow.
Monticello (Little Mountain)
http://www.monticello.org/
They had a great kids area at the estate.
Juan being a Cooper
Ian in training to be a mini-cooper.
Ian and his new hero, Thomas Jefferson.
Leaving our hotel in Waynesboro, VA
James and Dolley Madison's estate "Montpelier"
http://www.montpelier.org/
Celebrate National Constitution Day on Sept 17, 2011 at the estate.
The view from the house.
A black walnut tree.
Our future soccer and track star in training.
We honestly don't know if Ian knows how to walk, he is always running.
James Madison and his beloved wife, Dolley Madison. He the father of the Constitution and she one of the most beloved First Lady's of all time, she spent 16 years in Washington DC in this role, 8 years for Jefferson who was widowed while Madison was Secretary of State and 8 years while Madison was President.
Montpelier
No comments:
Post a Comment