On January 13, Graham and I traveled to the island of Oahu and stayed at Hale Koa on Waikiki. I wish I could say it was for a "vacation" but it was for surgery for 11 month old Graham. On January 10, we meet with Dr. Sutherland, Graham's Pediatric Urologist to discuss surgery to correct his hypospadias in addition to Graham having a Cardiac Echo to check on his heart murmur.
On January 14, Graham had surgery and he came out of it like a trooper and even had enough spunk to flirt with his nurses. For me as his mom it was an emotional experience to walk my baby into the operating room, lay him down, watch him be put to sleep, kiss him, and give him a temporary goodbye.
Graham was only at Kapiolani Women and Children's Hospital for an afternoon and back to the hotel we went. We had a rough first night but he did get about 6 hours of sleep before we had to get up for an early morning flight back to Kauai and the road to recovery.
Update: February 14, we meet with Graham's Dr and he was almost completely healed. We also meet with Dr. Riola, Graham and Ian's Pediatrician and found out G has Pulmonary Peripheral Stenosis. It was a much better outcome than Juan and I expected. He will need to be monitored overtime.
Here are a few pictures of our adventure.





















No comments:
Post a Comment