Hi Everyone
Yesterday, I took Ian to the Seoul Zoo as a part of the Armed Forces Spouses Club Hiking Group. It was considered a stroller friendly hike but I opted to leave the stroller behind and carry him in the Ergo Carrier. I just was not in the mood to carry a stroller up and down subway steps even after loading it into the car. My friend Kristin also went along and was a great help with Ian. I am getting used to be loaded down with baby stuff but Juan and I normally try to do it as efficiently as possible and find that a backpack does the job. Yet, with carry Ian on the front and a backpack on the back, I sometimes forget my width, nothing like holding up the elevator due to a backpack.
Thursday was a beautiful day for a trip to the zoo. The weather here is unusually warm for October in Asia and the leaves are finally starting to change. I was able to wear a short sleeve shirt and Ian was comfortable in his cocoon in the Ergo with short sleeves and pants. I had to change his clothes earlier in the day from long sleeve to short due to him sweating. He is a very
warmed blooded baby and takes after his dad.
Our group arrived at the zoo to crowds of young Koreans waiting to enter the zoo for a field trip day. Koreans are so funny because they love to practice their English and ask where we are from as well pose for pictures with us. I don't know how many random photos I am in with Ian. They especially love babies and come over to see him. I even had an older gentleman come up and check to see if Ian was a boy and had all ten toes. I don't mind and Ian sleeps through it. One of the ladies mentioned that we are the exhibit at the zoo, put us in a cage and feed us hamburgers and hotdogs and we will be happy. After living in Japan and now Korea, I can't help but notice the subtle differences in the two cultures, Japanese are more reserved and the Koreans are very friendly and unafraid to speak to strangers even if it is to practice their English skills. It is quite fun to help them out. We did see animals at the zoo but ultimately I think I enjoyed people watching the most.
Rachel
No comments:
Post a Comment