Life has been so busy getting checked in on the base that updating the blog has taken a backseat. So here is the latest, last weekend Juan and I had a chance to visit with our friend Chuky, it was so great to see her and catch up after a year apart. We meet while we were stationed in Yokosuka, Japan, Chuky is still there will her family. Juan and I hope to make it back while we are in Asia. We went out to a great restaurant in Seoul, called "Mad for Garlic". It was fantastic food and just all around good time. If you ever make it Korea, Garlic is a staple in their diet and it is in almost everything. Juan and I personally love it so we are prefectly happy to have lots of Korea food.
We are now licensed to drive in Korea. Juan and I took the test and it was easy in comparison the Japanese Driver's License test. Luckily we did not have to do a driving portion. We also found a car on the 26th of July, inquired about it on Sunday and I met with the owner Monday. By Wednesday, Juan received a text message that the car was already sold before we had a chance to test drive it on Saturday. We can't say we weren't bummed but God had a better plan in mind. While I was wandering the base, I stopped at the commissary and saw an ad for Mr Bill's Cars on base. We stopped by his office this past Saturday and bought a Korean Hooptie, a green "Hynduai Sonata". The great part is that Mr Bill walks us through the whole car registration and that was a concern I had. So we get 5 free gallons of gas, free temp plates, free safety inspection, and he goes with me to Camp Kim to complete the process. The last thing on our list before this can take place is to get a hold of our auto insurance provider and take care of that portion. I would say dealing with the time zone differences over the weekend has been a bit frustrating but not impossible. Soon we will be driving and that will help get our errands done faster.
I am feeling good but the weather (hot, humid, and sometimes rainy) here somedays takes it out of me. As of this past weekend I am now in my 9th month and if Ian shows up on the 2nd of Sept, I have less than a month to go. Juan is hoping that he doesn't make an early appearance because he is so busy with a joint exercise a work. He talks to the belly and tells him not to come out til the exercise is over. Too funny, but I tell him baby comes when baby comes!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment